Seasoned Porterhouse Steak
A simple and tasty steak rub recipe that can be stored in the cupboard. Perfect for T-bone and porterhouse beef cuts.
- 1/3 cup sea salt flakes
- 1/2 cup coursely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 Beef Porterhouse steaks
- olive oil
- In a bowl, whisk all dry rub ingredients together until well combined. Store in an airtight container or jar and store somewhere dark and cool. Discard any remaining rub after several weeks of storage.
- Bring the steaks to room temperature and coat both steaks in 1-2 tablespoons of rub each.
- Place a skillet on high heat and coat the bottom with olive oil.
- Once the skillet is very hot, place the steaks in and cook for 8-10 minutes on each side. (Rare steak: cook 6-8 minutes on each side; medium steak: 8-10 minutes on each side.)
- Remove the steaks from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.