Round Steak Beef Stroganoff
Beef, mushrooms and a creamy sauce, make this recipe a perfect family meal, served with your favourite spaghetti.
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1.5 kg Beef Round Steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 tsbp butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 300ml beef bone broth concentrate, undiluted
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 450g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups sour cream
- Your favourite pasta, cooked to serve
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add beef strips and toss to coat thoroughly.
- In a large frying pan, melt 2 tbsp butter, add the beef and brown in batches. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of onion and garlic to the pan and cook until tender, then toss in the mushrooms.
- Return beef to the pan and add the broth, mustard, and chili sauce. Cover and cook until the meat is tender, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Heat through, but do not boil.
- Serve over just-cooked pasta and garnish with parsley.