Italian Chicken Meatballs
Baked chicken meatballs packed with spices, are juicy and flavoursome. Enjoy with salad or with pasta and your favourite sauce.
- 1 large egg
- 500g chicken mince
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 3 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh spinach, finely chopped
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat the oven to 200C. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg and then add the chicken, breadcrumbs, Paremsan, 1 tbsp of olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, chili flakes, parsley, chopped spinach and 1 tbsp tomato paste.
- Mix with a fork or your hands until well combined, being careful not to press the meat too tightly. Shape the mixture into 12 meatballs and arrange in the prepared baking dish so that they aren't touching.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp tomato paste together until combined. Brush over the top of the meatballs.
- Bake on the upper rack for approx 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite pasta sauce or a fresh salad.