Honey Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
As a lunch box staple or a fun family dinner, the honey glazed chicken drumsticks are tasty, juicy and can be paired with your favourite side dish.
- 2kg chicken drumsticks
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and finely grated
- Sesame seeds and chives for garnish, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together all marinade ingredients: honey, soy sauce, orange juice, Dijon, garlic, cloves and ginger. Reserve 2/3 cup of marinade and refrigerate.
- Place chicken in a large dish, coat in marinade and cover. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight, stirring a couple of times to cover with marinade.
- Preheat oven to 200˚C. Place rack in centre of oven. Line a baking tray – make sure you line that pan with baking paper or you’ll be scrubbing the caramelized honey from the pan.
- Arrange chicken so that chicken pieces are not touching. Add enough of the marinade to just coat the bottom of the baking pan and discard any left over. Bake for 25 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, pour reserved 2/3 cup marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer 7 minutes or until thickened and syrupy.
- Remove from heat and brush over baked chicken drumsticks. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped chives if desired.
- Serve with stir-fried vegetables, or some steamed Asian greens and rice.